Happy Birthday to ME!!! This is, by far, my favorite sweet dessert to make – and of coure, to eat!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
- 1 3/4 cups (about 14 to 16) shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (about 25 to 30) crushed toffee candies
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
BAKE for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
BEAT cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon; beat well. Pour into crust.
BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven; top with toffee candy pieces.
COMBINE sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over warm cheesecake.
BAKE for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.
Tip: This is a rich dessert – so don’t hesitate to cut smaller slices … which will also net more for larger groups, too.
Thank you for sharing this journey with me. I love you deeply,
for in Truth we are old friends. We are One!